Tuesday 24 May 2011

Chugging on

Oh dear... my ideal of blogging once a week isn't working very well.

Here's what we have been up to recently we have had a mini break away in Sussex. I bought my OH a diesel train driving experience on the Kent and East Sussex line. He got to ride in the cab and help the driver, halfway there Little OB got to ride in the cab with his Daddy and toot the horn on the train which he really enjoyed. He reeeaaaalllyy loves trains, well anything with wheels that moves he is not too fussy diggers, dumpers, rollers, race cars you get the idea. So it was a train based holiday really we also went on the Romney, Hythe and Dimchurch miniture railway both were a bit hit with both my boys. Along the journey we got to visit Christopher Lloyd's garden at Great Dixter and Derek Jarman's garden in Dungeness.

Great Dixter
 Derek Jarman's Garden at Dungeness


 I don't know If I have said before but I used to be a garden design before my wally of a boss ran his company into the ground. So wherever I am I love to visit great gardens. This is my favourite time of year for plants. Foxglove being my absolute favourites.
I also got to do a bit of my Springtime blanket I did my first public crocheting. Luckily no one stopped and stared or I may have had to stop, another fifty squares done, I think I have about eighty to do to finish I'll keep chugging on.
Little OB loved running about at Great Dixter, I love this photo, carefree and innocent just as childhood should be.
I have a Ta Dah moment coming up my quilt is finished hoooray.
Have a great week,
Love Sarah
xxxx

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Sarah, thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting.
I love the pictures, it sounds like you had a blissful day, and those gardens are beautiful. Do you ever think about doing garden design again in the future?
I did some crocheting yesterday on the beach, and a lady stopped me to ask what I was doing. It turned out to be quite a long conversation about crochet and life.
Looking forward to seeing lots more posts, and getting to know you better. Hsve a lovely day.

Annaboo's House said...

Hi - just found you via your comment at my pangaloon (just seen the lovely girl above!) and thought I'd check out your blog.
The Mr and I are 'doing up' the garden at the mo- this is our second time around as we had a fab garden in our last house and our new house's one is much smaller. Oh well.
Anyhoo, what made me do a funny little noise when I looked at your blog, was when I saw the cute little toadstool in your title: I have just made a crochet toadstool and have posted it today on my blog!!!
I would love for you to take a look and tell me what you think!
X

Annaboo's House said...

Hi!
Just found you via the lovely Jo (above me!) at My Pangaloon.
Lovely things in your blog, will be tuning in regularly to see what you're up to.
I love the little crochet toadstool on your title - my last post was a crochet toadstool that I made! Small world, as they say.
X

Annaboo's House said...

Ha ha! Though there was something wrong with blogger as my comment from last night wasn't here, so apologies if you've ended up with several! X

Annaboo's House said...

Me again- in response to your comment on my post- if you're signed into your blogger account, there should be a 'Follow' button right at the top of the screen. Thanks for popping over! X

Helen Philipps said...

What a lovely trip you had with lots to do - and two great gardens to visit too. I was interested that you used to be a garden designer. I loved your foxglove photo - they are so lovely.
Have a great weekend.
Helen x